« The shirt says it all! | Main | NY RFID System Prompts Peaceful Protest »

February 10, 2006

CityWatcher Implant Controversy

verichip with attrib.jpg

Our press release about CityWatcher implementing a new VeriChip-based security system has prompted some to "slam the [CityWatcher] site with irate emails," according to its Network Administrator Khary Williams. He says he's willing to have a dialogue about the system, but asks that those opposed show a bit more restraint.

"Posting raving emails about RFID doesn't really help anything. It makes me lose respect for your cause...," he said.

He's got a point.

Besides, the downsides of getting a VeriChip implant need no embellishment. The chip is not only a privacy and civil liberties nightmare, it is a poor option for security, and it's got serious problems as a medical device. That information alone should prompt CityWatcher and its employees to rethink the new system.

Please be kind. Thanks.

--Liz McIntyre

Posted by liz at February 10, 2006 11:20 AM

Comments

How could a doctor chip persons? Is it not coercion if it is mandatory for work?

Posted by: stef at February 10, 2006 8:30 PM

May I copy the picture in this post for use in a blog entry referring to your blog and article. Please let me know. Thanks.

Posted by: at February 13, 2006 6:39 PM

I don't want a spychip anymore than anyone else but there is no way this can be the mark of the beast because the Bible say if your hand offends you then cut it off and if your eye offends you then pluck it out. To understand what the mark of the beast is you first have to understand who or what is the beast the Bible talks about. The mark has to be a spritual mark to affect you spritualy.

Posted by: David Moore at February 15, 2006 4:25 AM

Didn't I tell you so!

Posted by: nostradamus at February 16, 2006 2:56 AM

Is there a way to disable the capability of an RFID to be read? Please send your answer to my email address as time constraints will probably keep me from returning to this blog.

Posted by: Irving Schwartz at March 1, 2006 3:42 PM

Read 'Revelations', it also refers to the number of man being forced on everyone as a sign of the approach of Armageddon. It also contains the quote 'And there came a tall rider upon a pale horse and his name was Death, and Hell followed close behind'. Absolutely Precious, whatever the guy that wrote 'Revelations' was on, I want a big bag of it!!! I thank God I am an atheist. What I want to know is how many retinal scans does it take before you can't see a bloody thing. Seriously though, any form of 'Tagging' or government labelling must be opposed because they cannot be trusted with our freedom, I am a free man and therefore do not have to justify my existance to anyone. The first step to confiscation is registration.

Posted by: Dave Reay at March 16, 2006 5:53 PM

This development definitely IS the sign that life as we know on this planet is rapidly coming to an end. The "mark of the beast" referred to in the book of Revelation is going to be a physical mark visible to the eye. It will be a tool for the anti-christ to force people who are not redeemed by the Blood of Jesus to carry on their daily lives until the time that Jesus returns to the earth and sets up His Kingdom. Ignorance won't be an excuse. I do believe that it will be offered to people before the Rapture, ie mandatory for employment, our military and even newborn infants. The surest protection for those who are afraid of taking it by mistake, thinking it is just a convenience for whatever reason, is to GET ROOTED AND GROUNDED IN GOD'S WORD SO THAT THESE CALAMITIES MIGHT NOT TAKE YOU UNAWARE. The Apostle Paul warns us in 2 Thess 2.3 To "not be deceived." For this to happen there must come a "falling away that the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition." This is the anti-christ. The Church HAS to be out of the way first. We will NOT be subjected to this.
I am not worried for myself. However, there are millions upon millions that will fall for this option with the idea that it is a wonderful technological entity.
It will NOT be forced on everyone as the previous commentor implied. Ones taken in the Rapture of the Church will not be subjected to it......that kinda makes it seem as if that event might happen SOON!!!!!! Doesn't it? I hope everyone reading this is ready!!!!!

Posted by: Donna Neal at March 18, 2006 11:11 AM

What i got to say is rifd is a scam. Its all goin to turn out to be somthin to control us take a way our rights its the mark of the beast 666 and they know it!!!!

Posted by: BIlly Jake at September 5, 2006 9:20 PM

Whatever RFID says about those chips to be safe is a lie. Gather all information about RFID and its going to be clear that they are trying to hide something, that something is that that chip is going to be a tracking device very soon. I also believe that Christians should stay firm and witness to everyone. God Bless.

Posted by: Vitaliy at January 7, 2007 3:33 AM

The RFID chip is the mark of the beast all who refuses will have their heads choped off and the bible actually does say that WELCOME TO SATINS PLAYGROUND NOW it's coming JUNE 12th 2007 A.D.

Posted by: at January 23, 2007 10:05 PM